Join us at our live nativity, at 5:30pm, 6:00pm, or 6:30pm! While you are here, join us for a Soup supper. cookies and beverages will also be served. Everyone is invited. A free will offering will be received to benefit a local family in need.
We also ask you to bring a can or box of non-perishable (non-expired) food for the Manna for Life food pantry.
Our Saviour Lutheran Church is hosting a seminar on how to start a military outreach ministry in congregations and communities. This event is open to all who would like to attend.
Local military and veteran organizations will be in attendance to help build awareness and make connections.
A lunch will be served and a free will offering for the lunch is welcomed.
A free will offering will be offered for covering travel expenses of our guest speaker and also for launching a Military Outreach Ministry at Our Saviour.
About the Speaker
Dale and Joyce Sasse are members of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Freeport, IL. They are among the pioneers of a successful and running Military Outreach Ministry at Immanuel. Dale is a combat veteran of Vietnam. Dale and Joyce are also participants in a ministry of Lutheran Church Charities ministry called Kare-9 Military Ministry. This ministry pares a comfort dog with a veteran. This team then engages veterans and their families.
You will be blessed to hear about their ministry experience.
The military outreach ministry at Immanuel began with a simple mission: Connect veterans with people who can connect them with resources. If you have never engaged in all of the resources that are available to veterans, you would be amazed to know and see all of the resources that are out there. Often the problem is that Veterans simply do not know how to connect with the resources they need. The military outreach ministry seeks to the walk alongside veterans to ensure they are connected with the resources available to them.
Sign up for course, “Man’s Search for Meaning”. This course, an Our Saviour Original, was well received three years ago, and this time around we will be offering it with fresh new insights and visuals. What will the course cover? Let’s put it this way, “Could you use a little help with these sorts of things?”
- How can I learn “Discernment”?
- Why am I discouraged so often, and is there any relief?
- Can I grow the roots of my faith deeper?
- How can I avoid jumping to conclusions so easily?
- Can I learn to not snip at people, and respond gracefully instead?
- Why do I keep falling into the same old traps and keep doing things I don’t want to do?
- Why does the world seem to be going to hell in a handbasket?
- Can I actually learn to refocus on my blessings instead of my burdens?
- But I actually enjoy holding grudges, but I know it’s wrong. Why?
- Can bad habits actually be broken?
- Where does Discouragement come from and how can I do battle with it?
- What makes me so perturbed all the time?
- Why have I accumulated so much stuff, but I am still not content?
- How can I manage my emotions instead of my emotions managing me?
- What can I do with this anger I feel?
- Why do I seem so conflicted all the time?
- My thoughts are scattered, how can I regain a simple focus on my tasks?
These and other deep things will be discussed at the course, offered beginning in January. Come alone or invite your ten best friends. Call the church office today to save your seat, or sign up at the Welcome Center.
You Have Two Flexible Options to Participate
Offered in two separate time slots, both beginning January! The morning and evening sessions are the same material, offered at different times. You can mix and match as you like.
Morning Dates - 9-10:30am
Tuesdays in January 9, 16, 23, 30
Tuesdays in February, 6, 13, 20, 27
Tuesday March 6 [The final session is a makeup date]
Evening Dates - 6-7:30pm
Wednesdays in January 10, 17, 24, 31
Wednesday in February, 7
Thursdays in February 15, 22
Thursdays in March, 1, 8 [The final session is a makeup date]
Our Saviour Lutheran Church
120 South Henry Street
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Coming in January
Man's Search For Meaning